To enter a team in the Man-a-Mile, there are just a few things you need to know:
- It is most common that each team has 14 participants, (each one runs/jogs/walks one mile), but teams with fewer numbers are welcomed. In the case of 7 people on a team for example, each participant could run TWO miles to complete the course.
- A team leader can be a participating team member OR can function as a driver to pick up runners at each exchange point. In addition to the runners, at least one responsible driver is required per team to safely move the team to the finish line. Often 2-3 or more vehicles are used per team to move people who have completed their leg of the relay up the Niagara Parkway and across to Oakes Park.
- Team entry fees:
1-7 people: $280/Team (=$40/runner for 7 participants).
8-14 people: $400/Team (=$28.57/runner for 14 participants).
The fee is collected as one cheque for the team. Fourteen shirts will be provided on or before race day *if* the team is registered and the entry fee is paid in full by Wednesday, September 18, 2019.
- A signed waiver is required to be collected for each participant and given to the Race Director with the registration.
- A list of your team's first and last names, seed times, shirt sizes and age is to accompany the waivers.
- A printed map and list of exchange points will be provided to drivers, and is also available online here.
- To get any other questions answered, or to get the team package, please contact the Race Director.